Click here from Sept 2023
FREE SCHOOL MEALS & HOW TO APPLY FOR THEM
Am I eligible for Free School Meals?
You can apply for school meals if you receive:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190, provided they are not receiving Working Tax Credit
- the ‘Guaranteed’ element of the State Pension Credit
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (you will need to apply directly to the school or call the Education Service on 01274 439393)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income threshold of less than £7,400
How to apply for Free School Meals
You can apply for benefit related free school meals from Bradford Council on their website: https://www.bradford.gov.uk/benefits/applying-for-benefits/free-school-meals/
The process is very easy to follow. You will need the following information:
- Your Full Name
- Your Address including Postcode
- Your Date of Birth and National Insurance number
- The full names of your children
- The Date of Birth of your children
- The name and address of their school
This application should be made by the person receiving the qualifying benefit.
£18.00 per term
payable at the beginning of each term.
In the interest of Health & Safety - it is important that all children wear swimming caps.
These are available for purchase from the School Office for £1.30.
Milk: Available to all classes
Children under the age of 5 years are entitled to free milk. Please inform the office if your child does not want to have milk.
Once children reach their 5th birthday and would like to continue to have milk then it will need to be ordered as below:
To order and pay please log on to www.schoolmilkuk.com
Currently 21 pence per day supplied and paid to Fresh Pastures
Cost of a School Meal
The cost of a school meal for pupils in Years 3 to 6 is £1.95 per day. From 1st October this will be £2.00 per day.
Nursery meals at £1.75 per day. From 1st October this will be £1.80 per day.
We operate Parent Pay in school for payment of school meals.
Payment for meals must be paid on the day they are taken or in advance.
Universal Infant Free School Meals
Children in Reception and Years 1 and 2 are entitled to Universal Infant Free School meals which allows them
to have a free school meal every day. Universal Infant Free School meals is not benefited related.
If you are entitled to, or think you maybe entitled to, benefit-related free meals please apply for these
as this will allow you to access other benefits as well. Information on how to apply is at the top of this page.