Support for parents
What support do we have for you as a parent of child with an SEND?
- The class teacher is regularly available to discuss your child’s progress or any concerns you may have and to share information about what is working well at home and school so similar strategies can be used.
- The SENCO is available to meet with you to discuss your child’s progress or any concerns/worries you may have.
- All information from outside professionals will be discussed with you with the person involved directly, or where this is not possible, in a report.
- IEPs will be reviewed with your involvement each term as appropriate.
- Homework will be adjusted as needed to your child’s individual needs.
- A home/school contact book may be used to support communication with you, when this has been agreed to be useful for you and your child.
- There are a number of parent support groups such as Parent Partnership and Bradford Families Information Service.
- The school’s Parental Involvement Worker and Learning Support Worker are available on certain days